[Gluster-users] Improving test cases QA / gluster 3.2.0 - totally broken?

Andre Felipe Machado andremachado at techforce.com.br
Thu May 19 14:35:14 UTC 2011

Hello,
It seems that QA test cases are somewhat different than real world deployments
by the users at this list.

It may be more productive to have wiki pages where we, the users, describe with
very much enough details (config files, hardware and network, workload profiles,
etc) how we are using glusterfs.

Then, the QA Team will have a good starting point to write their performance
scripts and regression tests, for example.
Likely, some users will help running these scripts and regression tests over
their hardware and network, collecting logs helping to improve stability and
reliability.

How would these wiki pages be organized?
Could the QA Team create a skeleton of wiki pages tree to organize how we will
write our deployment info and workload profiles in a format useful for them?

The stability and reliability issues are the blocking factors for a government
size deployment we are evaluating. Performance for small files (1k to 20k) are
"the second level" issue. But this affects alternatives too.

Regards.
Andre Felipe
http://www.techforce.com.br