[Gluster-users] gluster 3.2.0 - totally broken?

paul simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Wed May 18 14:05:27 UTC 2011

hi guys,

we're using 3.1.3 and i'm not moving off it.  i totally agree with stephans
comments: the gluster devs *need* to concentrate on stability before adding
any new features.  it seems gluster dev is sales driven - not tech focused.
 we need less new buzz words - and more solid foundations.

gluster is a great idea - but is in danger of falling short and failing if
the current trajectory is now altered.  greater posix compatibility
(permissions, NLM locking) should be a perquisite for an NFS server. hell,
the documentation is terrible; it's hard for us users to contribute to the
community when we are groping around in the dark too.

question : is anyone using 3.2 in a real world production situation?

regards to all,

-paul