[Gluster-users] gluster 3.2.0 - totally broken?

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Wed May 18 13:54:44 UTC 2011

>From reading this list, I wonder if this would be an accurate summary of the
current state of Gluster:

3.1.3 - most dependable current version

3.1.4 - gained a few bugs

3.2.0 - not stable

So 3.1.3 would be suitable for production systems, as long as the known bug
in mishandling Posix group permissions is worked around (by loosening
permissions).

There has been a suggestion that stat-prefetch be turned off, and perhaps
that other, non-default options are better not used.

Now, I'm not personally knowledgeable on any of this aside from the Posix
group problem. Just asking for confirmation or not of the basic sense I'm
getting from those with extensive experience that 3.1.3 is essentially
dependable, while 3.1.4 is problematic, and 3.2.0 should perhaps only be
used if you want to gain familiarity with the new geo-replication feature,
but avoided for current production use.

Whit