[Gluster-users] gluster 3.2.0 - totally broken?

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw at ithnet.com
Wed May 18 13:44:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011 14:45:19 +0200
Udo Waechter <udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
> after reporting some trouble with group access permissions,
> http://gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2011-May/007619.html (which
> still persist, btw.)
>
> things get worse and worse with each day.
> [...]
> Currently our only option seems to be to go away from glusterfs to some
> other filesystem which would be a bitter decission.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> udo.

Hello Udo,

unfortunately I can only confirm your problems. The last known-to-work version
we see is 2.0.9. Everything beyond is just bogus.
3.X did not solve a single issue but brought quite a lot of new ones instead.
The project only gained featurism but did not solve the very basic problems.
Up to the current day there is no way to see a list of not-synced files on a
replication setup, that is ridiculous. I hope ever since 2.0.9 that someone
does a fork and really attacks the basics. IOW: good idea, pretty bad
implementation, no will to listen or learn.

Regards,
Stephan