[Gluster-users] issue with GlusterFS to store KVM guests

Whit Blauvelt whit.gluster at transpect.com
Fri Jul 29 23:33:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 03:22:23PM -0700, Eric wrote:

> i would prefer to use the glusterFS client for the automatic fail-over that it
> offers. is this possible?

I've built KVM VMs with virt-install writing to img files via the Gluster
client. My invocation of virt-install differed from yours in a number of
ways, though. I'm not at all an expert on that. But you might try altering
your recipe. There are specifications that will work.

Reportedly there are improvements coming soon in Gluster that will make it
more suitable to using as a backing store VMs - possibly more in terms of
efficiency than possibility though, since it's certainly possible now.

Whit