[Gluster-users] 3.0.5 RDMA clients seem broken

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Jul 25 23:05:09 UTC 2011

Just ran through a long exercise with a customer on trying to find out
why only 1.6M files out of 4+M files appeared when using RDMA glusterfs
clients.

The tools we put together previously were all about trying to work
around other issues (not gfid, though it looks like they might have
utility there).

It looks like the issue was/is in the RDMA mounting.  I don't know why,
but the same file system mounted from the gluster client over tcp saw
all the files, but when mounted over IB, we did not see all the files.
More disconcerting was that several clients saw radically different
numbers of files.

Just a note ... if you use 3.0.5, it looks like rdma is broken.  Caching
is (badly) broken there as well, but thats a whole other story.

n.b. we are updating them to 3.2.2 tomorrow.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com