[Gluster-users] Problems auto-mounting volume under Ubuntu 10.10

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:23:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Devin Carlen <devin.carlen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey all, I'm having problems getting a gluster volume to auto-mount on boot
> in an Ubuntu 10.10 environment.  I can mount it manually just fine.
>
> Strangely I see nothing in the gluster logs or /var/log/messages relating
> to gluster.  My fstab looks like:
>
> 192.168.1.202:/test-volume /mnt/test-volume glusterfs defaults,_netdev 0 0

How did you try to mount? Have you tried mounting without fstab entry like
"mount -t glusterfs 192.168.1.22:/test-volume /mnt/test-volume" at the
command line? If there is nothing in the gluster logs, then glusterfs was
never executed (or /sbin/mount.glusterfs was not executed/not doing the
right thing). Adding a couple of 'echo's in /sbin/mountglusterfs should
help.

Avati