[Gluster-users] tuning

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Thu Jul 7 14:35:00 UTC 2011

On 2011-07-07 16:11, Joe Landman wrote:

> This is a complex and hard question to answer, and it involves a deep
> investigation of your system, the IO patterns, etc.

Actually it's starting to be far better.

I test is with bs=1M instead of  bs=128K and I set up striped volume:

$ dd if=/dev/zero of=1M-30k bs=1M count=30k
29150+0 records in
29150+0 records out
30565990400 bytes (31 GB) copied, 287.04 s, 106 MB/s

I have a question on this, what is the difference between a distributed
striped and striped volume?
They can be created with the same command and a striped volume
distributed anyway, am I not right?

Thank you,

tamas