[Gluster-users] single or multiple bricks per server

Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov Greg_Swift at aotx.uscourts.gov
Fri Jul 1 18:41:31 UTC 2011

gluster-users-bounces at gluster.org wrote on 06/30/2011 03:52:54 PM:

> I have 3 servers with 7 disks each, is it better to use each
> individual disk as brick (several bricks per server).  Or to have
> them as a raid volume that presents as a single brick per server?
>
> I'm setting them up as a replicated volume across all three servers.

In our environment (several hundred volumes over several servers that had
several bricks) we were told that a lot of our issues stemmed from the
number of bricks per volume.  We are now going to a max of 2 bricks local
to each node, using lvm.  We are using 2 instead of 1 because we are
separating for replica pairings.

-greg