[Gluster-users] 3.1.2 feedback

vishal.ud vishal.ud at directi.com
Fri Jan 21 20:46:48 UTC 2011

On Friday 21 January 2011 07:46 PM, Marcus Bointon wrote:
> On 21 Jan 2011, at 14:37, Vijay Bellur wrote:
>
>> Can you please elaborate a bit more about the rsync problem?
> I'm keeping user-uploaded/created web content on a gluster volume. On one of the gluster nodes I run an hourly script to rsync the entire contents to another server. I get errors like this:
>
> /etc/cron.hourly/content-backup:
> file has vanished: "/var/www/mysite/content/username/images/image.gif"
> rsync warning: some files vanished before they could be transferred (code 24) at main.c(1060) [sender=3.0.7]
> run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/content-backup exited with return code 24
Dont think this is a gluster problem . but its rsync thats not finding
some files that already existed the last time on the remote directory .
Too many temp files created/destroyed on the remote directory ?  i faced
a similar issue and wrote a simple wrapper to ignore code 24 and just
continue the rsync rather than stopping it . hope this helps