[Gluster-users] 3.1.2 feedback

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 22:43:28 UTC 2011

On 21 Jan 2011, at 21:46, vishal.ud wrote:

> Dont think this is a gluster problem . but its rsync thats not finding some files that already existed the last time on the remote directory . Too many temp files created/destroyed on the remote directory ?

Nothing is ever deleted from the remote dir (I'm not using the --delete option), and the errors mostly relate to static files that are not changing, disappearing or moving - the path given with the error is that of the source gluster volume, not the remote one. I don't have a problem with it having this issue with transient files, but static files shouldn't act this way. Once a file starts having this error, it doesn't stop.

One thing I can try is to point rsync at the local backing store instead of the gluster equivalent path. That should either incriminate or exonerate gluster! I've set that up now, so we'll see if the errors go away...

Marcus