[Gluster-users] strange error hangs any access to gluster mount

Amar Tumballi amar at gluster.com
Wed Apr 20 06:03:45 UTC 2011

> Amar / Gluster Devs - if old incompatible clients are accessing the storage
> servers, I imagine that they know that at some level - however I saw nothing
> in the logs that led me to detect them. Could you point me towards what
> patterns in the logs I should be looking for / unique error messages, or
> configuration settings that I should enable to find this issue?

James,

I remember having put proper logs in this case, and also that if all the
servers are properly migrated to 3.1.x it should ideally never be able to
communicate with 3.0.x because of the protocol incompatibility. I will cross
check this again today and make sure there are proper logs in this case.

Regards,
Amar