[Gluster-users] Gluster Storage Platform 3.0.5 fails to detect new nodes

brooks at netgate.net brooks at netgate.net
Wed Sep 22 01:29:48 UTC 2010

I've successfully installed the first node, configured the management
network interface, an ALB bond I want to use for the storage network, and
the storage pool addresses.  When I boot the new node it seems to work
correctly but just sits in "finding first server" drawing "...." forever.
The first node is sitting in the "Add Server/Probing server ..." dialog
box.  I've tried rebooting the new node several times without success.

When you add a new node is the management network interface used to probe
for new nodes, or if you've defined a separate storage network (as I have)
does it use that interface for the probes?  Any ideas on how to solve
this would be appreciated.  There's nothing in any logs, and without shell
access troubleshooting is extremely difficult.

Thanks,
Kevin