[Gluster-users] Gluster Storage Platform 3.0.5 fails to detect new nodes

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Wed Sep 22 04:46:04 UTC 2010

Kevin -
Shell access isn't problem, ssh is running or you can switch to another runlevel if you are using X.

User - gluster
Pass - glusteradmin

If you need root access just 'sudo -s' and use the 'glusteradmin' password.

We use DHCP running on an non-standard port for new server discovery. As long as the network between the two servers isn't blocking broadcast it shouldn't be a problem.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Craig

--
Craig Carl

Sales Engineer; Gluster, Inc.
Cell - ( 408) 829-9953 (California, USA)
Office - ( 408) 770-1884
Gtalk - craig.carl at gmail.com
Twitter - @gluster
Installing Gluster Storage Platform, the movie!
http://rackerhacker.com/2010/08/11/one-month-with-glusterfs-in-production/