[Gluster-users] Way to improve GlusterFS performance for serving rails applications?

Jacob Shucart jacob at gluster.com
Fri Oct 29 20:00:40 UTC 2010

It would be better to have the rails application files on the local disk
and use the Gluster storage for images and other content that is uploaded.
The main reason for this is that a single access on a rails application
might result in the webserver having to read 20 small files.  When you add
up the network latency for each of those small file requests, it can
increase the load time by quite a bit.