[Gluster-users] Way to improve GlusterFS performance for serving rails applications?

pkoelle pkoelle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 19:41:36 UTC 2010

Am 29.10.2010 18:23, schrieb Horacio Sanson:

[ ... rails via gluster mount ....]

Hi Horacio,

> The questions:
>
> Am I doing something wrong or missing something or is this expected?
I don't think you are doing something wrong. We tried the same (serving
rails apps off of gluster mounts) and performance was terrible. Since
there is no lock manager in gluster, the gluster client needs to check
all server nodes when the file is accessed locally. This kills
performance with many small files.

cheers
  Paul

--
this message was sent from my 7 years old Dell D800