[Gluster-users] NFS export issue with GlusterFS 3.1

Bernard Li bernard at vanhpc.org
Fri Oct 29 19:07:40 UTC 2010

Hi Shehjar:

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Shehjar Tikoo <shehjart at gluster.com> wrote:

> Thats not recommended but I can see why this is needed. The simplest way to
> run the nfs server for the two replicas is to simply copy over the nfs
> volume file from the current nfs server. It will work right away. The volume
> file below will not.

Thanks, that worked.  I copied /etc/glusterd/nfs/nfs-server.vol to the
other server, started glusterfsd and I could mount the volume via NFS
on a client.

> Performance will also drop because now both your replicas are another
> network hop away. I guess the ideal situation would be to allow gnfs to run
> even when there is already a server running. Its on the ToDo list.

That would be good.  However, would it also be possible for this other
server to join as a non-contributing peer (i.e. it's not sharing its
disk) but act only as the NFS server?  This way I don't need to copy
over the volume file manually and leave it to glusterd to set
everything up.  Would be a nice stop-gap workaround until you guys can
implement the above mentioned feature.

Cheers,

Bernard