[Gluster-users] NFS export issue with GlusterFS 3.1

Shehjar Tikoo shehjart at gluster.com
Thu Oct 28 07:34:54 UTC 2010

Bernard Li wrote:
> Hi Shehjar:
>
> The hosts with exports in the replication pool are already running NFS
> servers so I need to setup GlusterFS native NFS server on another
> server.  I am using the following /etc/glusterfs/glusterfsd.vol:

Thats not recommended but I can see why this is needed. The simplest way
to run the nfs server for the two replicas is to simply copy over the
nfs volume file from the current nfs server. It will work right away.
The volume file below will not.

Performance will also drop because now both your replicas are another
network hop away. I guess the ideal situation would be to allow gnfs to
run even when there is already a server running. Its on the ToDo list.

-Shehjar