[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.1 on Amazon EC2 Questions

Joshua Saayman joshua at saayman.me
Fri Oct 22 13:05:24 UTC 2010

I'll appreciate help with the following questions by Gart on my blog
(http://goo.gl/8eKn)

Thanks
Joshua

----
Thanks for this accessibly straightforward series. A couple basic
questions about the way gluster works:

1) If I do this exercise -exactly- as you have done, but one of the
instances EBS volume already has files on it, what happens? Will it
immediately replicate to the other? Will the gluster daemon lazily
replicate? Do I have to call 'rebalance' to trigger the replication?

2) Must I perform all file access through the client mount in order to
have integrity? Or can I read and write to the directories that are
pointed to by the volume.

3) One of the finest aspects of AWS is AMI creation. Can I create an
AMI based on these servers as a way to back up both the server state
and the file volumes?
----