[Gluster-users] Gluster in a web cluster

Mathieu Masseboeuf - Cadran Finance mm at tradingsat.com
Thu Oct 21 06:13:08 UTC 2010

Hi,
> Mathieu -
>    Gluster will work well for you, I would suggest you start testing
> with the Gluster NFS option in Gluster 3.1, it sounds like you could
> use some of the advantages that NFS client side caching gets you.
> <http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Main_Page>
In my case, as I want to avoid (if possible) to have a disk-serving
cluster, this means accesing the local gluster volume via NFS.
Do you mean that this would be better than using Fuse ?

If I had to setup a failover disk cluster shared via NFS - that would
mean handling IP failover using heartbeat (or something similar) - right ?

Thanks for the recommandation !
Mathieu