[Gluster-users] Failsafe replication between two DC - getting trash in files.

Burnash, James jburnash at knight.com
Tue Oct 5 14:12:36 UTC 2010

Hi Alex - Доброе утро (по крайней мере здесь)

The problem with replication on both the server and the client is that the server does not (I believe) have an awareness of what the client is doing. I did post a thread asking about best practices for replication (I was leaning towards server side to keep that traffic local), and was told that client side replication was recommended and supported.

I think you're seeing corruption on your copies because both the client and the server are replicating.

Also - the reason you didn't get an email directly from me last time was that I only send to the list unless requested otherwise. I'm copying you directly this time.

Thanks,

James Burnash, Unix Engineering