[Gluster-users] stat-prefetch translator

Lana Deere lana.deere at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 21:35:12 UTC 2010

The release notes for 3.1.1, section 2.2, mention a "stat-prefetch"
translator.  I don't understand the part about client volume files
being generated with it included in them - does this mean it is
automatically turned on?  If one has 3.1.1 installed via upgrade from
3.1.0, would it be missing from the volume files because they are
already generated by the earlier version?  Is the way to
enable/disable it something like
    gluster volume set VOLNAME stat-prefetch on
or is there a different way?

Basically I'd like to do some performance measurements with it on and
off, but I don't understand how to accomplish this.  Any help
appreciated.  Thanks!

.. Lana (lana.deere at gmail.com)