[Gluster-users] Sharing files with GlusterFS + W2K8 DC

Simmoleit, Jens Jens.Simmoleit at ics-ag.de
Wed Nov 24 15:16:35 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I hope you can help me with my questions.

ATM I'm trying to rebuild our infrastructure and I stumbled upon GlusterFS which seems to be ideal for what I've planned, or trying to do.

Here is a small gif which might be useful.

http://www.ics-ag.de/ics/tl_files/ics/bilder/datacenter.gif

I'd like to use the Gluster-Cluster to provide data nfs-shares for the ganeti xen cluster BUT ALSO Windows-Shares for our Users at the same time.

Questions:

I guess there are some ppl. out there who have a similar setup running in their datacenter.

1) What's the best approach to achieve above setup? It's crucial for me that the W2K8-DC has control over the shares and denies or grands access to the shares. Any tips? Maybe a link for a HowTo?

2) What are the pitfalls and/or caveats here? Anything important that I need to know?

Ah, BTW I plan on using Ubuntu or Debian for my Gluster-Cluster.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Jens Simmoleit
System Administration - ICS

Tel:      +49 711 21037-623
Fax:      +49 711 21037-653

E-Mail:     Jens.Simmoleit at ics-ag.de
Internet:   www.ics-ag.de

Informatik Consulting Systems AG

Postanschrift / Mailing Adress: Postfach 102431, 70020 Stuttgart, Deutschland / Germany
Sitz und Registergericht / Domicile and Court of Registry: Stuttgart / HRB-Nr. / Commercial Register No.: 18569
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrat / Chairman: Dr. Jörg Kees
Vorstand / Management Board: Franz-Josef Winkel, Cid Kiefer

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an addressee or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this e-mail or any information contained in the message. If you have received this material in error, please advise the sender immediatelyby reply e-mail and delete this message.

Thank you.