[Gluster-users] Moving Gluster bricks around a cluster

Patrick Irvine pirv at cybersites.ca
Tue Nov 23 05:38:52 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I am using gluster 3.1 on gentoo.  I have previously been able (with
3.0.x) to manually control when and on which host a gluster brick comes
up.  All my bricks are on iSCSI and hence transportable round the
cluster.  With 3.1 it seems that each brick is locked to a particular
host.  I have thought of manually using glusterfsd to start a brick with
out the glusterd process running.  But I am worried that if glusterd
should be started later that it might try and start a second instance of
that brick, or in some way clash with the all ready running brick.

Any ideas?

Pat