[Gluster-users] Facing issue with a specific scenario - Distribute over replicate translator

Vikas R vicky.ice at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 07:53:22 UTC 2010

Hi ,

Im using Glusterfs . Please find my gluster client configuration in the
bottom of this mail.

I am using Distribute translator over the replicate . My setup is as
follows.

Servers – S1,S2,S3,S4

Replicate R1 over S1 and S2.

Replicate R2 over S3 and S4.

Distribute D1 over R1 and R2

Clients are put on 2 machine C1 and C2 with the above setup.

During tests im facing a specific issue. Putting down the scenario below.

-          Create a Directory /Dir1 in the root filesystem on client.

-          Create a file[I used touch] /Dir1/a.txt.

-          Shutdown server S1.

-          Move the Directory /Dir1 to /Dir2.

-          Create a new Directory /Dir1.

-          Create a new File /Dir1/b.txt.

-          Now Start Server S1.

-          Do an “ls –la” on the client to initiate the afr – autohealing.

Below are the results I am observing:

-          The new Directory Dir1 sometimes shows both a.txt and b.txt .
Expected is just b.txt.

-          The new Directory Dir1 shows only a.txt . The b.txt file is
entirely missing.

These are random results.

My expected result is :

                /Dir1/b.txt

                /Dir2/a.txt

Please have look . Seems like autoheal is not able to figureout the actual
events. Also do let me know if my configs are wrong.

Tx

Vikas

Client Config file:

--------------------

volume 172.26.98.24-1

    type protocol/client

    option transport-type tcp

    option remote-host 172.26.98.24

    option transport.socket.nodelay on

    option transport.remote-port 6996

    option remote-subvolume brickex

end-volume

volume 172.26.98.25-1

    type protocol/client

    option transport-type tcp

    option remote-host 172.26.98.25

    option transport.socket.nodelay on

    option transport.remote-port 6996

    option remote-subvolume brickex

end-volume

volume 172.26.98.26-1

    type protocol/client

    option transport-type tcp

    option remote-host 172.26.98.26

    option transport.socket.nodelay on

    option transport.remote-port 6996

    option remote-subvolume brickex

end-volume

volume 172.26.98.27-1

    type protocol/client

    option transport-type tcp

    option remote-host 172.26.98.27

    option transport.socket.nodelay on

    option transport.remote-port 6996

    option remote-subvolume brickex

end-volume

volume replicate-1

    type cluster/replicate

    subvolumes 172.26.98.24-1 172.26.98.25-1

end-volume

volume replicate-2

    type cluster/replicate

    subvolumes 172.26.98.26-1 172.26.98.27-1

end-volume

volume distribute-1

    type cluster/distribute

    lookup-unhashed yes

    subvolumes replicate-1 replicate-2

end-volume

#volume stripe

#    type cluster/stripe

#    option block-size 1MB

#    subvolumes replicate-1 replicate-2 replicate-3

#end-volume

volume writebehind

    type performance/write-behind

    option cache-size 4MB