[Gluster-users] gluster with xfs

David Lloyd david.lloyd at v-consultants.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 14:46:18 UTC 2010

Thanks for that. With the hardware we've got we're hoping to get an
order of magnitude more throughput than that though.

We have:

4 nodes
12 sata disks hardware raid in each node
10Gbit ethernet
I'm getting over 1GByte/s reads and writes on the xfs filesystems locally.

typical filesize will be 10MByte, but lots of bigger and smaller files too.

there will be about 50 clients, all mounting glusterfs.

'Introduction to Gluster' also ominously states:  'There are known
challenges with other filesystems' (which would include xfs). Can
anyone expand on that?

Cheers
David

--