[Gluster-users] gluster with xfs

Liam Slusser lslusser at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 11:09:40 UTC 2010

We run two somewhat large gluster clusters in production on xfs with great
success.  I had to go with xfs as ext4 doesn't support large enough file
systems.  Make sure you mount your xfs partitions with 64bit inode support
and use only 64bit OS's.

I'm still running 2.0.9 however the performance is pretty good.  We use ours
to store media for our website and with our smaller two server four brick
60tb cluster I can easily push 800mbit of http traffic with an average
object size of 2-3megs.  Not bad for a bunch of slow sata disks!

Liam