[Gluster-users] Question about redundancy over ethernet

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Fri Nov 12 05:53:24 UTC 2010

Ron -
Gluster doesn't have a high availability solution built in but we test with CTDB for CIFS and NFS, or you could use UCARP for just NFS. CTDB is required for CIFS, and works well with NFS.
Both projects are mature and easy to use, just set them up across a Gluster replica pair and failover will be very quick and you will not get a connection reset, no errors to your applications. If you have multiple replica pairs use RRDNS to load balance across the entire cluster.

http://ctdb.samba.org/configuring.html
http://www.ucarp.org/project/ucarp

Thanks,

Craig