[Gluster-users] XenServer and Glusterfs 3.1

Shehjar Tikoo shehjart at gluster.com
Thu Nov 11 05:10:48 UTC 2010

Yes. That was a limitation on 3.1 release and is already fixed in
mainline. This support allows you to change the nfs port number that
Gluster NFS uses by default. It'll be available in 3.1.1 but if you'd
like to test right away, please use 3.1.1qa5 by checking it out from the
repository:

$ git clone git://git.gluster.com/glusterfs.git
$ cd glusterfs
$ git checkout -b v3.1.1qa5 3.1.1qa5

Then build and install.

To change the nfs port, locate the volume section nfs/server in
/etc/glusterd/nfs/nfs-server.vol and add the following line:

option nfs.port 2049

Note that this option is not yet available in the gluster CLI, so you'll
have to manually edit this file and restart the gluster nfs daemon. Be
careful while using that tool, because on a restart of a volume using
gluster CLI, your edited volume file will get over-written with the
default version.

Thanks
-Shehjar