[Gluster-users] XenServer and Glusterfs 3.1

Stefano Baronio stefano.baronio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 18:18:25 UTC 2010

Hello all,
  I'm new to the list and I'm working on glusterfs since a month right now.
I'm posting a request about how to get XenServer working with Glusterfs.

I have a standard setup of both XenServer and Glusterfs.
I can mount the glusterfs nfs share from the Xen CLI, write in it and mount
it as an ISO library as well.
I just can't mount it for storage purpose.
It seems that XenServer is testing the NFS share directly to port 2049,
without checking with portmapper.

I have tried to make glusterfs listen on port 2049 without any success, so I
have setup a port forwarding on the gluster server.
Lets say:
xen01 - 192.168.14.33
xenfs01 (gluster nfs) - 192.168.14.61

The iptables settings are:
iptables -A PREROUTING -d 192.168.14.61 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 2049 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.14.61:38467
iptables -A FORWARD -d 192.168.14.61 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 38467 -j ACCEPT

Now XenServer can correctly test the gluster nfs share. It creates the
sr-uuid directory in it, but it can't mount it, with the following error:
FAILED: (errno 32) stdout: '', stderr: 'mount:
xenfs01:/xenfs/1ca32487-42fe-376e-194c-17f78afc006c failed, reason given by
server: No such file or directory

Any help appreciated.
Thank you

Stefano