[Gluster-users] monitor connections and activity?

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Fri Nov 5 22:03:29 UTC 2010

Craig,
I have some questions about these instructions. First is a conflict with the documentation on the first 2 commands. The web page: http://www.gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Gluster_3.1:_Setting_Volume_Options
describes those options as having a parameter of yes/no, not on/off. Do both work or just one? The CLI accepts both and sets the option in the vol files accordingly, but I haven't seen any results yet.
I'm also curious about the setfattr command, which may be the reason I'm not getting any results yet. You don't specify, but I'm guessing that command needs to be run on a client. I'm also guessing that /mnt/client2 is supposed to be the mount point where the gluster file system is mounted. You say that "The" error message reported by setfattr can be ignored. I get the error message:
setfattr: /mnt/gluster-test: Operation not supported
Then after that getfattr shows no attributes on the mount point that I specified. Is that the "The" error message that can be ignored?
Finally can you be more specific about where we should see the stats and is it documented anywhere what they mean or is it pretty self explanatory when they are seen? Should they be in /tmp/<dummy_file>, if not what is that file for, or in /var/log/glusterfs/ on the client?

Thanks,
Mike Robbert