[Gluster-users] Boot drive usage

Craig Carl craig at gluster.com
Thu May 27 02:22:30 UTC 2010

Jeffery -
You can subscribe to the mailing list here - http://gluster.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/gluster-users , welcome to the Gluster community!
It sounds like you are looking at Gluster Storage Platform. Storage Platform uses 4GB for the OS install. The rest of the space on the server is used for storing your data. We strongly suggest users use hardware RAID to protect against drive failure, otherwise the node fails, yes.
For more information on the differences between Gluster Storage Platform and Gluster File System please see this link - http://gluster.com/community/documentation/index.php/Main_Page . Storage Platform is a great idea if you are planning on getting a support subscription, most organizations that run without support use Gluster File System.

Thanks,

Craig

--
Craig Carl

Sales Engineer; Gluster, Inc.
Cell - ( 408) 829-9953 (California, USA)
Office - ( 408) 770-1884
Gtalk - craig.carl at gmail.com
Twitter - @gluster
Installing Gluster Storage Platform, the movie!