[Gluster-users] How about quality of GluterFS?

Fredrik Widlund fredrik.widlund at qbrick.com
Tue May 25 00:43:59 UTC 2010

Hi Lesonus,

If I understand you correctly I believe the problem is that concurrent IO performs very differently from sequential IO. If you're running Linux you need to change the scheduler from the default CFQ to NOOP or DEADLINE, and with the drives you mention you should reach 1Gbps, though it depends on raid-hardware, configurations, and other things as well. If you're running for example FreeBSD you're probably out of luck.

GlusterFS should not be the problem, and I'm guessing you see the same numbers with or without it.

Kind regards,
Fredrik Widlund