[Gluster-users] Big I/O or gluster proccess problem

Ran smtp.test61 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 11:19:52 UTC 2010

Hi all ,
Our problem is simple but quite critical i posted few mounts ago regarding
that issue and there was a good responses but not a fix
What happen is that gluster stack when there is a big wrtite to it .
For example  time dd if=/dev/zero of=file bs=10240 count=1000000
OR mv 20gig_file.img into gluster mount .
When that happen the all storage freezes for the entire proccess , mails ,
few vps's , simple dir etc..
Our setup is quite simple at this point , 2 servers in distrebute mod , each
has 1 TB brick that replicate to each other using DRBD .
iv monitored closly everting on this big writes and noticed that its not mem
, proc , network problem .
Iv also checked the same setup with simple NFS and its not happening there .
Anyone has any idea on how to fix this , if you cant write big files into
gluster without making the storage unfunctional then you cant realy do
anything .

Please advise ,