[Gluster-users] Best Practices for Gluster Replication

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Thu May 13 14:43:26 UTC 2010

On 13 May 2010, at 16:28, Burnash, James wrote:

> I'm also not sure how I would go about setting this up with 2 NFS servers - would this be some sort of load balancing solution (using round robin DNS or an actual load balancer), or would this be implemented by having each NFS server responsible for only exporting a given portion of the whole Glusterfs backend storage.

I'm not really sure of the best way to do it - NFS isn't really my thing. I assume that there are load balancing / failover solutions (haproxy, pound, heartbeat etc) that can deal with NFS - it would help if the balancer understood NFS at some kind of transactional level (as they can for HTTP). I would export each of the different gluster portions you want as separate NFS share points.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info at hand CRM solutions