[Gluster-users] glusterfs and Alfresco DMS

Muslim Adel Abu Taha muslim.adel at gmail.com
Wed May 12 12:19:01 UTC 2010

 Dear all,

I've 4 servers with 2 TB HD each. I've configured gluster to distribute data
between 2 and replicate 2, example:

storage01 ---[distribution]---> storage03

storage01 ---[replication]---> storage02

storage03 ---[replication]---> storage04

And everything is working perfectly fine for more than one month. But
currently I'm facing a problem when I tried to install Alfresco DMS (
http://www.alfresco.com/).

Alfresco is a java-based Document Management System (running over tomcat).
When I installed it in the local filesystem, it works fine.
It also work great if I install it in an NFS share.

But when I install it in the glusterfs, it just don't work and the log file
show a lot of exceptions talking about IO, NIO.

I need help to fix this, because the main use of glusterFS was to use
Alfresco. (The company has huge amount of documents that need to be
archived).

Note: I've attached the server/client configuration files.

Thanks & Regards,