[Gluster-users] Replicate over WAN?

pkoelle pkoelle at gmail.com
Fri May 7 18:27:13 UTC 2010

Am 07.05.2010 09:43, schrieb Diego Zuccato:
> On 05/05/2010 20:18, Vikas Gorur wrote:
>
>> 2) "readdir" (ls) is always sent to the first subvolume. This is
>> necessary to ensure consistent inode numbers.
> Uhm... Couldn't the same result be achieved storing a "virtual inode
> number" in an attribute? So that it gets replicated with the rest of the
> data and it makes possible to have the first subvolume always local...
Maybe I don't understand your proposal but I don't see how this helps.
Remember: Servers don't know about clients and as long as there is no
way for SERVERS to notify the clients about writes from others (i.e.
server side cache invalidation), the client has to check before each and
all operations.

cheers
  Paul