[Gluster-users] file systems

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Fri May 7 08:06:01 UTC 2010

On 05/07/2010 08:59 AM, Jerker Nyberg wrote:

> Open source: POHMELFS (into kernel 2.6.30) and Ceph (into kernel
> 2.6.34). I have only tried Ceph of those and it was a while ago, around
> the same time I played around with GlusterFS.

If you're interested in POHMELFS :

http://www.dark.ca/2009/06/17/pohmelfs-nfs-future/
http://www.dark.ca/2009/07/06/pohmelfs-pt-2-return-of-pohmelfs/

That said, Evgeniy (the guy behind pohmelfs) has publically stated that
development is frozen, as he's migrating everything to a totally
different back-end - and it's anybody's guess when that'll be done.
Honestly, it's a fun project to tinker around with, but i wouldn't
deploy it anywhere where it actually had to get used. :P

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>