[Gluster-users] file systems

Jerker Nyberg jerker at Update.UU.SE
Fri May 7 06:59:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Marcus Bointon wrote:

> While gluster might not be ideal for this, it is the *only* solution
> I've found that does it all. Do you have any better suggestions?

You may want to look into other fault-tolerant parallel distributed file
systems.

Proprietary: Panasas file system. It seem to work fine at our university
HPC center.

Open source: POHMELFS (into kernel 2.6.30) and Ceph (into kernel 2.6.34).
I have only tried Ceph of those and it was a while ago, around the same
time I played around with GlusterFS.

There are others - here is a list on Wikipedia;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_systems#Distributed_parallel_fault-tolerant_file_systems

--jerker