[Gluster-users] Small File and "ls" performance ..

Tejas N. Bhise tejas at gluster.com
Wed May 5 06:00:40 UTC 2010

Dear Community Users,

We have recently made some code changes in an effort to improve small
file and 'ls' performance. The patches are -

selective readdirp - http://patches.gluster.com/patch/3203/
dht lookup revalidation optimization - http://patches.gluster.com/patch/3204/
updated write-behind default values - http://patches.gluster.com/patch/3223/

DISCLAIMER : These patches have not made it to any supported release
yet and have not been tested yet. Don't use them in production. I am
providing this information only as some advance notice for those in
the community who might be interested in trying out these changes and
provide feedback.

Once these are fully tested they will make to an officially supported release.

Regards,
Tejas Bhise.