[Gluster-users] Replicate over WAN?

Count Zero countz at gmail.com
Wed May 5 04:01:22 UTC 2010

I have some machines over WAN, in a Replicate cluster, with around 50ms ~ 60ms between them.
However, I have read-subvolume specified so that it will always use the local brick instead of the WAN.
I just need this in order to replicate files as easily and as quickly as possible between various systems...

My question is - Why is it still painfully slow when all I do is read operations?
Even just listing a directory takes ages.
I can understand about Write operations, but read? and from the local sub-volume?