[Gluster-users] Brick Preference

Andy Pace APace at singlehop.com
Thu Jun 24 16:49:08 UTC 2010

When is a good time to defrag? Is it something I should cron (hourly? Daily?) to make sure files are evenly distributed amongst each brick?

Files on our gluster infrastructure are going to be changing very often (xen sparse image files), and the last thing I want is a brick to become full, and having to take down VM's to distribute them to a less occupied brick.