[Gluster-users] gluster client hang when using iozone

Daniel Maher dma+gluster at witbe.net
Mon Jun 7 11:55:45 UTC 2010

On 06/07/2010 01:50 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> Unfortunately, the issue is not solved for me - I can reliably reproduce
> the hang with such iozone command line (it usually hangs every 2-3 times):
>
> # iozone -R -l 5 -u 5 -r 4k -s 100m
>

> When I look at the traffic, I can see it still flows between the client
> and gluster servers - but at a very low speed, around 10 kB/s (with 1
> Gbit link).
>
> Any access to the gluster filesystem "hangs".
>
> Killing "glusterfs" process and mounting the fs again makes the thing
> recover (until at least I try to start iozone 2-3 more times).
>
> Any issue what can be wrong here? Neither the client nor the servers
> produce anything in logs when it happens (I didn't wait for more than 10
> minutes though).

What distro ?  What kernel version ?  Hardware specs ?

As a counter-point, a few months ago i evaluated glfs 3.x for one of our
internal systems, and ran iozone against a simple three-node client-side
replication setup (such as the one described by your configs) with no
problems such as those your described.

--
Daniel Maher <dma+gluster AT witbe DOT net>