[Gluster-users] gluster client hang when using iozone

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Jun 7 11:50:00 UTC 2010

I just upgraded from 2.x to 3.0.4, as I experienced some random client
hangs with 2.x.

Unfortunately, the issue is not solved for me - I can reliably reproduce
the hang with such iozone command line (it usually hangs every 2-3 times):

# iozone -R -l 5 -u 5 -r 4k -s 100m

When I look at the traffic, I can see it still flows between the client
and gluster servers - but at a very low speed, around 10 kB/s (with 1
Gbit link).

Any access to the gluster filesystem "hangs".

Killing "glusterfs" process and mounting the fs again makes the thing
recover (until at least I try to start iozone 2-3 more times).

Any issue what can be wrong here? Neither the client nor the servers
produce anything in logs when it happens (I didn't wait for more than 10
minutes though).

Gluster client uses this config file:

volume remote1
   type protocol/client