[Gluster-users] Adding brick to existing glusterfs setup

Burnash, James jburnash at knight.com
Thu Jun 3 11:53:55 UTC 2010

Hi Adrian,

I think you have two issues (and I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm mistaken)

1) At least when you use the volgen utility (in the 3.x Gluster versions) to create the config files and define RAID=1, it insists on pairs of bricks to implement this. While there is nothing that precludes multiple mirrors for RAID 1, I'm not sure Gluster accommodates that config. I may be completely wrong about this, but that has been my experience so far.

2) If Gluster does support multiple RAID 1 mirrors, you would need to do a 'ls -LR' on the top level directory of the glusterfs mount point to let Gluster see all the files and replicate accordingly. I think.

I've only answered this in the hope that it may help you get started looking at the problem before most of the other mailing list users get in for work - I'm on an early shift here.

James Burnash