[Gluster-users] Adding brick to existing glusterfs setup

Adrian Moisey adrian at careerjunction.co.za
Thu Jun 3 11:43:39 UTC 2010

Hi

I've got a rather simple glusterfs setup.
I've got 2 servers which export a brick each, and those 2 servers mount
those bricks with cluster/replicate in order to RAID1 them.

I am using gluster 2.0.6.

Server config:
---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8----
volume posix
  type storage/posix
  option directory /export/
end-volume

volume locks
   type features/locks
   subvolumes posix
end-volume

volume cache
   type performance/io-cache
   subvolumes locks
end-volume

volume brick
   type performance/io-threads
   option thread-count 8
   subvolumes cache
end-volume

### Add network serving capability to above brick.
volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp
  subvolumes brick
  option auth.addr.brick.allow * # Allow access to "brick" volume
end-volume
---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8----

Client config:
---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8---->8----
### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server1
volume brick1
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp
  option remote-host 172.19.45.102      # IP address of the remote brick
  option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume of server2
volume brick2
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp
  option transport-timeout 5
  option remote-host 172.19.45.103      # IP address of the remote brick
  option remote-subvolume brick        # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume replicate
  type cluster/replicate
  subvolumes brick1 brick2
end-volume

My problem is that I would like to add a third server with a third brick
in order to RAID1 across all 3 servers.

How do I go about doing this? I've managed to add it, but the old files
aren't being replicated to the new one.

--
Adrian Moisey
Systems Designer | CareerJunction | Better jobs. More often.
Web: www.careerjunction.co.za | Email: adrian at careerjunction.co.za
Phone: +27 21 818 8621 | Mobile: +27 82 858 7830 | Fax: +27 21 818 8855