[Gluster-users] Bonded Gigabit

Liam Slusser lslusser at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:40:41 UTC 2010

I use balance mode0 on my gluster servers - but it doesnt exactly work
as you would expect it too.  We run Cisco 4948g switches (48 port
gigabit) and our gluster servers have two gigabit links bounded
together using mode0.  Balance mode0 does a great job of balancing
outbound traffic however the Cisco's always routes each single INBOUND
tcp connection traffic down a single trunk.  So the only way to really
gain an advantage is to use multiple tcp connections between the many
hosts - or in the case of gluster using multiple bricks per server
striped together.

liam