[Gluster-users] adding to gluster a node with 24TB of disk and 16GB RAM

Mark "Naoki" Rogers mrogers at valuecommerce.co.jp
Tue Dec 28 09:16:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

Your five machines should get you raw speeds of at least 300MB/s
sequential and 300-500 random IOP/s, your file-system cache alters
things depending on access patterns. Without knowing about those
patterns I can't guess as to the most beneficial disk/memory ratios for
you. If possible run some synthetic benchmarks for base-lining and then
try and benchmark your application, even if it's only a limited
benchmark that's ok you can still extrapolate from there.

The first thing you might hit though could be the 1Gbit interfaces so
keep an eye on those and perhaps have a plan to bond them, and get ready
to think about 10G on the larger one if needed.

Right now it seems the switch load is light, is that per port to the
storage bricks?