[Gluster-users] What does this mean? State: Peer Rejected (Connected)

Pranith Kumar. Karampuri pranithk at gluster.com
Tue Dec 21 03:21:31 UTC 2010

Yes probe will automatically happen. Lets say you killed glusterd on one machine and did some configuration on the other machine, when the first glusterd is started again they will go into rejected state because there will be conflicts in the configuration. glusterfs and glusterd are different processes, so there will not be any problem with the replication or any thing that was happening before they went into rejected state. Lets say 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 are two peers in cluster which went into rejected state. If you execute a gluster command on 192.168.1.2 it wont be effective on 192.168.1.3. and vice versa.

Pranith.