[Gluster-users] Unify namespace re-creation (Was: No space left on device...)

Kali Hernandez kali at thenetcircle.com
Tue Apr 6 10:47:43 UTC 2010

Well, let's say I changed my mind about the namespace node(s) after I
had started moving a lot of data. In my case, I have dedicated 2 full
nodes (which is quite useless) as namespace nodes.

After realizing I did wrong, I want delete my namespace data from those
nodes, and add their storage space to the cluster. I would delete the
zero-sized files stored on those nodes, and then add them in the client
config as 2 nodes mirrored, later aggregated in the unify config.

As I will need to have some namespace node config for unify, I add
another brick-ns config on the server side on those 2 nodes, and I set
the client volume to use the new brick-ns's (replicated) as namespace on
my unify. But the info here is empty, so Unify will not be able to find
any file.

Is there any way so I can re-create all the namespace info?

Would it work if I just move (when both client and servers are down) the
info from the current brick to the newly created brick-ns storage folder?

Can I freely add new nodes to the Unify'ed gluster? I am using ALU
scheduler.

Like I said earlier, moving all my data files into the new gluster takes
LONG, as much as 4 days (with such a poor transfer speed)...

Thanks in advance!

-kali-